Introduction of our headquarters building of TOYOTEC Co., Ltd

General optical components manufacturer of Optomechatronics satisfying customer's needs from design/development to productization

toyotec_logo_英訳01.png

本社社屋紹介825_英語.png

HOME > Introduction of our headquarters building

タイトル_英語_本社紹介.gif

TOYOTEC headquarters building (the old telephone relay station building in Toyokawa) and warehouse (the old telephone relay station warehouse in Toyokawa) are registered as national cultural property.

Our headquarters and warehouse has been registered as cultural property from the Council for Cultural Affairs of Japan since September 21, 2007.

Registration reason

TOYOTEC headquarters building
   Registration standard ・・・As a historical building norm

TOYOTEC headquarters building
(The old telephone relay station building in Toyokawa)

s_DSC_7035.jpgTOYOTEC headquarters building
(The old telephone relay station building in Toyokawa)
The building area 346 m2, two-story reinforced concrete.
The continuous two-story pillars on the outer wall, and tall narrow window is located at each room.
The parapet at the top is distinctive design.
As a typical telephone relay station constructed by the Ministry of Communications in the early Showa period, one of the few modern heritages.


TOYOTEC headquarters warehouse
   Registration standard ・・・As the historical landscape in Japan.

TOYOTEC headquarters warehouse
(The old telephone relay station warehouse in Toyokawa)

s_DSC_7044.jpgTOYOTEC headquarters warehouse
(The old telephone relay station warehouse in Toyokawa)
Located on the east of the headquarters building site, the northeast corner of the our headquarters building.
Building area of ​​38m2, in the one-story reinforced concrete building, open a window to the east and north, and the entrance is located at the south.
The exterior wall is mortar finish same as the headquarters building and it makes a sense of the unity of the building and warehouse.
The warehouse contrasted with the headquarters building is the appearance of taking the corner and side rounding off the upper end, and the windows is close to the square.

Detailed Description

TOYOTEC headquarters building

In Japan, the beginning of the telephone service in the general public is in 1889.
These days, there was the limitation of the talking range due to using the aerial cable.
The loaded cable and vacuum tube repeater was introduced to resolve this problem and to achieve this long-distance calls.
The first toll call using the loaded cable for long-distance from Tokyo to Kobe was opened in 1928.
At this time, 9 telephone relay stations were built as a facility of amplifying the sound by using a vacuum tube repeater.
Our headquarters building is one of them.
In addition, many loading coils are essential devices to halt the decay of the voice currents, and those loading coils were located at regular intervals between the telephone relay stations.
The turret was made of reinforced concrete for it.
The telephone relay station building and the total of 3 turrets for the loading coils remain in Aichi Prefecture. There is the telephone relay station building and the turret for loading coils in Toyokawa. The other 2 turrets are in Toyohashi.

The telephone relay station in Toyokawa opened in July 1927. As a telephone relay station, the third earliest opening following Kameyama and Ashigara.
The location of the telephone relay station building in Toyokawa is at 600m northeast from Toyokawa Inari shrine, and the building is currently being used as a TOYOTEC headquarters building.
After the abolition of this telephone relay station in April 1952, Toyokawa Chamber of Commerce and Industry purchased from Nippon Telegraph and Telephone Public Corporation in November 1963, and Toyokawa city received donations from Toyokawa Chamber in the following year.
After that, TOYOTEC purchased it from Toyokawa city in 1985. and to the present.

Our headquarters building is the two-story reinforced concrete, and remains the appearance at the time constructed except for the part of north side 2nd floor expanded.
Total floor area is 612.45 m2 in the era of the telephone relay station.
In that era, the first floor had the power room, the battery room and the night duty room, and the second floor had the machine room installed with the repeater.
For this reason, the pillars is closely aligned in the building, the floor height is more than 4m.
The building has no interior decoration.
The building was renovated to use as a office room, currently it is used as a TOYOTEC headquarters building.

The appearance of the building is characterized by the horizontal eaves of the roof and tall narrow window, the stud and pillars with repeat type.
In particular, the pillar and stud exposed on the outside are stopped in front of the roof eave, which made ​​the space between the pillar and the stud.
In addition, like a stair-step to the edge of the pillar, it can be seen the design of the Ministry of Communications at the time.
It is believed that there was a standard specification to construct the telephone relay station building. Because the design and architecture, the building size and room placement is very similar to the 1st telephone relay station building in Kameyama.

TOYOTEC headquarters warehouse

The warehouse located in the northeast of the headquarters building was built in the same time as headquarters building, has one-story reinforced concrete building construction.
The west side of the warehouse was torn down before, so there is only the east side of it now.
The building design, particularly the corners and the upper end and all around the window were chamfered, and the design is regarded as close to the rock mass as a whole, so it has become a design contrasted with the headquarters building.
However, our headquarters building and warehouse is common in terms of expressionistic design. For example, the stepped nick around the window and it is regarded the building and warehouse as rock mass. Uniqueness of the design can be seen in the contrast of those two.


The integrated research report of modern heritage (Buildings etc.) in Aichi Prefecture.  Board of Aichi Prefectural Education in 2005.

Board of Aichi Prefectural Education has taken a architectural survey since 1992, and the book "Modern heritage in Aichi Prefecture" including TOYOTEC headquarters building was published in March 2005.
This book was introduced by the integrated research report of modern heritage (Buildings etc.) including representative 200 modern heritages in Aichi Prefecture .

DSC_7671のコピー.jpgDSC_7671のコピー.jpgThe telephone cable line from Tokyo to Okayama had started constructing since 1922. However, due to the Great Kanto Earthquake, the telephone cable line from Nagoya to Osaka has been finished constructing firstly.
The telephone relay station building in Kameyama was built in December 1924, and it has opened partially since August 1925. Kameyama in Mie Prefecture is located almost in the middle between Nagoya and Osaka.
After the telephone relay station in Ashigara has been operated since November 1926, the telephone relay station in Toyokawa has been operated since July 1927.
It took more than 6 months to install and adjust the telephone relay equipments of Western Electric company of America in the building of Kameyama and Ashigara, so it seems that the telephone relay station building in Toyokawa was completed in the end of 1926.

The telephone relay station building in Toyokawa is very similar to those of Kameyama, it seems that there was a standard specification.
In other words, the building had the two-story reinforced concrete structure, the operating equipment room located at the left hand of the entrance, the office room located at the right hand of the entrance.
The structure of the building with columns and beams has large studs arranged in dense, tall narrow windows lined up in the meantime.
The floor height is over 4 meters. Although both the exterior and interior is mortar finish, the floor of the staircase and handrail is terrazzo finish.

The telephone relay station in Toyokawa was no longer required by the technological innovation in the late 1960's, so Chamber of Commerce and Industry in Toyokawa purchased the site and building from the Nippon Telegraph and Telephone Public Corporation in July 1964, and made renovations and transferred to the site as a Museum of Commerce and Industry office.
In 1985, TOYOTEC purchased it, carried out the renovation and preservation, and has used the building as the headquarters building.

TOYOTEC Headquarters

From Tokyo (Narita Airport): About 4.5 hours.

1. Take Narita-Express from Narita, change trains at Tokyo.
2. Take Tokaido-Shinkansen from Tokyo, change trains at Toyohashi.
3. Take Iida-line from Toyohashi, and get off at Toyokawa.
4. Take a taxi to TOYOTEC.

From Osaka (Kansai Airport): About 3.5 hours.

1. Take Haruka Express from Kansai, change trains at Shin-Osaka.
2. Take Tokaido Shinkansen from Shin Osaka, and get off at Toyohashi.
3. Take Iida line from Toyohashi, and get off at Toyokawa.
4. Take a taxi to TOYOTEC.

From Nagoya (Central Japan Airport): About 2.0 hours.

1. Take Meitetsu-line from Central Japan Air port, change trains at Nagoya.
2. Take Tokaido-Shinkansen from Nagoya to Toyohashi and change trains.
3. Take Iida-line from Toyohashi, and get off at Toyokawa
4. Take a taxi to TOYOTEC

Address

2-35, Nishiyutaka, Toyokawa, Aichi, 442-0024
TEL:+81 533 85 1110 FAX:+81 533 85 1458














動画で見る_英語.jpg動画で見る_英語.jpg

本社紹介_英訳.png本社紹介_英訳.png